Wednesday, December 30, 2015

A Perry Stocking

My 10 year-old son asked me to make a Christmas Stocking that looks like Perry the Platypus. (Have you ever watched "Phineas & Ferb?" Possibly the greatest kid's show ever!) He designed the stocking himself.
BabcoUnlimited.blogspot.com - Perry the Platypus Christmas Stocking

We used my Kona Cotton Color Card to find just the right colors and ordered the fabric. He was so not happy with the wait for the fabric. But, it finally came.

BabcoUnlimited.blogspot.com - Perry the Platypus Christmas Stocking
Perry the Platypus and S

My mother-in-law makes lots of custom Christmas stockings she sells through her Etsy site. She pointed me to an easy pattern on pintrest.

Word to the wise: Being a Quilter doesn't make you a Seamstress. This "pattern" is just a stocking shape and words that basically say "print to actual size; cut 2 lining and cut 2 outside fabrics; sew and you are done!"

I had NO idea what I was doing and made it up as I went along.  My son LOVED it, but I'm so tempted to scrap it and start all over again. I was happy with it until I made the LAST seam, but was so tired I just wanted to be done.


BabcoUnlimited.blogspot.com - Perry the Platypus Christmas Stocking
Christmas Morning
  
Christmas Eve, my son put out Perry's stocking with a note asking Santa for chocolate for Perry because Perry has never tasted chocolate before. He was beyond ecstatic when he saw that Santa brought Perry his very own fedora.

It turned out to be a great Christmas. 

No comments:

 photo tw_1.jpg  photo fb_1.jpg  photo ins_1.jpg  photo bl_1.jpg  photo tum_1.jpg  photo gplus_1.jpg  photo pin.jpg  photo yt.jpg