Friday, May 22, 2015

A Friday Finish

Finally! I finished my Wheel of Fortune Quilt, and am so happy with how it turned out.
BabcoUnlimited.blogspot.com - Wheel of Fortune Quilt
Wheel of Fortune Quilt

I can't even tell you how many times this project has been on my "I'm going to finish it this month" list only to be set aside for something else. My label on the back even has the date of July 2014--that's 10 months ago.
BabcoUnlimited.blogspot.com - Wheel of Fortune Quilt
Wheel of Fortune Quilt

The quilting took a lot longer than I anticipated. I used a walking foot for everything. There were a lot of starts and stops with ends to bury. A LOT!
BabcoUnlimited.blogspot.com - Wheel of Fortune Quilt
Wheel of Fortune Quilt

I received the best compliment when I showed this at guild meeting on Wednesday. A lady was astonished by the quilting and asked me if I quilt for others as well. I explained I quilted this myself on my Bernina, and do not quilt professionally. 

BabcoUnlimited.blogspot.com - Wheel of Fortune Quilt
Wheel of Fortune Quilt

I'm so happy to have this one done. It's now sitting on our living room couch as a cuddly blanket for TV time.

Linked up with Link-A-Finish Friday here.
Linked up with TGIFF here.
Linked up with Show Off Saturday here.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is far and away the prettiest version of "Wheel of Fortune" I've ever seen. Such impressive work! Thank you for sharing.

 photo tw_1.jpg  photo fb_1.jpg  photo ins_1.jpg  photo bl_1.jpg  photo tum_1.jpg  photo gplus_1.jpg  photo pin.jpg  photo yt.jpg