Thursday, May 21, 2015

The Next Generation

My mom found a working sewing machine for $7.00 at the local thrift store. It is definitely NOT a top-of-the-line machine. It's all plastic, except the needle, but it works. And is perfect for a 6 year-old little girl.
BabcoUnlimited.blogspot.com -- MK New Sewing Machine
MK and her new Sewing Machine

The machine came with all the parts and works. I haven't tried to thread it yet, but I am hopeful it will work. This machine retails for $75.00 on Amazon. So, getting it for $7 was a steal. Way to go Grandma!
BabcoUnlimited.blogspot.com -- MK New Sewing Machine
MK and her new sewing machine

MK was ecstatic when she pulled this out of the bag. First words: "Can you teach me to sew today?"

I didn't have time to start a sewing lesson right then and there, but I didn't want her excitement to wane. So, I told her she could start picking out fabric from my scrap bin. 

BabcoUnlimited.blogspot.com -- MK New Sewing Machine
MK choosing her fabric

I thought she'd pick out a few pieces of fabric to practice on. Nope--she want all out and designed the quilt she wants to make.

BabcoUnlimited.blogspot.com -- MK 1st Quilt Design
MK and her Quilt Design

Fingers crossed that the machine works fine and that sewing lessons go well.

The Utah Quilt Guild has a children's category in their annual Quilt Fest Quilt Show. Maybe MK can finish this up and enter it in the show. We'll see.

No comments:

 photo tw_1.jpg  photo fb_1.jpg  photo ins_1.jpg  photo bl_1.jpg  photo tum_1.jpg  photo gplus_1.jpg  photo pin.jpg  photo yt.jpg