And since Anything Goes, I figured it was that time of year for a "Year in Review." Is it too early for this?
I was hoping to have some fun Christmas and Holiday crafts to show off at this point, but with my recent move I haven't had time to do my Christmas Crafts. I still don't have a Christmas Tree nor have I unearthed our Christmas decorations yet: They are still buried in our storage unit.
I started off my year with good intentions. (Don't we all?) And as the saying goes....the road IS paved with Good Intentions.
While travelling the road paved with my Good Intentions, I did manage to accomplish a few things in 2014.
- I did a short series of Quilting Tips & Tricks. It was a lot of fun, so I've decided to bring it back in the New Year.
- I made some soft cuddly animal pillows for my nieces and nephew you can read about here.
- I got a new sewing machine! (Well, it's new to me even if it was well
usedloved by my mom.) Ya-hoo! I didn't realize how much I was fighting my old machine until I started sewing on this Bernina. What a difference.
- I helped organize the Utah Quilt Festival--a 4 day quilting retreat full of quilting and sewing classes, luncheons, vendors, giveaways, and more with my mom and aunt.
|Me and Mom -- Quilt Fest 2014|
- I made these super cute and comfy slippers.
- I designed my first quilt and finished it within 4 weeks. It was chosen as 1 of 8 quilts our guild will send to the AQS show in Grand Rapids, MI.
- And I'm so close to finishing my Wheel of Fortune Quilt. I hope to have it finished by the end of the year.
|Wheel of Fortune Quilt|
- My biggest event this year (and the reason I didn't get more quilting done) is I moved this year. I moved from this little white house to this bigger blue house.
Which means that my old sewing space of a table crammed between the couch and the dinning table, an ironing board across the room, and my leaning tower of fabrics has a new home.
I get a REAL sewing room. As in a room JUST for me and my sewing and crafts. So far, it's just a room with bins and boxes. But it's MY room with bins and boxes. Never thought I'd be so excited about a sewing room. I did manage to set up my table...that's it so far. I haven't even set up my sewing machine on said table yet.
Seeing all that I did accomplish this past year makes me itch to write my goals for 2015. But I'll spare you that long goal list today.
I need to do something to help get us get into the Christmas Spirit and soon. It's just 10 days away! My new house doesn't have a fireplace to hang stockings, but I already have experience with that.
In years past, the kids and I have made a fireplace out of construction paper for Santa to use. Santa is pretty amazing and magical, so he can totally make use of this. Even if I don't know where any of our Christmas decorations are, I do know where the construction paper is.
So, what about you? Have you been crafting/sewing up a Christmas/Hanuka/Kwanzaa/Holiday storm? Or have you been working on something else?
Now's the time to show off what you have been working on.