Wednesday, September 11, 2013

WIP Wednesday #19 - Out of 'Time Out'

Look what came out of "Time Out!"
BabcoUnlimited.blogspot.com -- Fractured Flowers Quilt, 2 color Quilts, Modern Quilts
Fractured Flower Quilt Top In Progress

Do you ever put projects in "Time Out?"

My Fractured Flower quilt was just making me angry, so it spent the past four months in a "Time Out" bag

 
I gave myself permission to work on other things while I waited for the anger to dissipate. I finally took it out of "Time Out" this week. (And no, I don't put my children in "time out" for this long. I promise.)

I've spent a few hours working on it. It's easier to do when I'm not mad at it. Imagine that!

I did come upon a little snafu. 
BabcoUnlimited.blogspot.com - Fractured Flowers Quilt
Fractured Flowers Quilt

Oops, I cut one square piece the wrong direction. The top piece shows how it is SUPPOSED to look. You can see by the bottom piece that it just won't work with the direction I cut the square. Luckily, it is only 2 pieces I have to resew and I have enough leftover fabric to do this. Phew! I'm so glad I bought out the quilt store of that grey fabric. Can you imagine the agony I'd be in if I hadn't? 

Have you ever put projects in "Time Out" as well? 

Linked up to WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced here
Linked up to Show Off Saturday here.
Linked up to Stitch by Stitch here.

*Update: Several people have asked about the pattern. I wish I could claim it as my own, but sadly I can't. Currently, the pattern info can be found on my WIP page as with all my projects.  The pattern can be found at Happy Stash Quilts here.

**Update 8/1/15--See completed quilt top here.


 


15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a beautiful quilt! Great job! I love the design and how it's turning out!

Sandy said...

that is so cool!! love the design and your colour and fabric choice!!! I may need to try this when I don't have so many projects going!! It's on the list!!

Anonymous said...

The quilt design is wonderful. Your piecing is just perfect as well as your color choice!

starflash quilts said...

This will be lovely, though I can see why it was timed out, confusing! I have had a time out for four years now!

Anonymous said...

It will be gorgeous when you can forgive it!

Rachel said...

Beautiful. And complicated! It looks like a quilt that would need a time out or two.

ChristaQuilts said...

Wow! What a cool design!

ipatchandquilt said...

That is sooo cool!
Esther
esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo dot com
ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com

Paulette said...

That is a great quilt design! Love seeing how it's coming along as you release it from its time out.

Unknown said...

Glad you do not put your children in time out that long!
I can imagine that this quilt top is driving you mad, but it is beautiful. I couldn't do it!
Love from Amsterdam.

Anonymous said...

This is awesome! It makes my eyes feel funny :)

straythreads said...

very striking I've never made a 2 color quilt but I'm always drawn to them

Anonymous said...

What an incredible optical illusion! So amazing...

Happy Turtle said...

That's an interesting quilt!
Carol

Allison said...

Cool psychedelic quilt!

 photo tw_1.jpg  photo fb_1.jpg  photo ins_1.jpg  photo bl_1.jpg  photo tum_1.jpg  photo gplus_1.jpg  photo pin.jpg  photo yt.jpg