Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Updated Picture - Red & White Quilt

As promised. Here is a picture of my completed top for my Red & White Quilt. I had to get 2 little helpers to hold this one up for me.

 
BabcoUnlimited.blogspot.com - Red & White Quilt, 2 color quilt, modern quilt
Red & White Quilt
My boys are used to this request: Will you hold a quilt for me? They know the drill and are good sports about it.

I'm having moments of panic about the size. I intended this to be a Queen sized quilt. Technically, it is. However, it is on the small side of Queen size. After taking measurements of this top (76" x 96") and my Queen sized mattress, I realize it will work. But, I want it just a tad bit wider for comfort.

So, it's been decided to add a boarder. I'm thinking a red and white striped border. Well, it would actually be white, red, white stripes with a red binding. This would add another 6" (3" on each side) making the quilt 82" x 102".

My goal for December is to add a border to this quilt.

Linked up with A Lovely Year of Finishes here.
Linked up with Let's Bee Social here.

4 comments:

Elaine said...

I would love to have the pattern! Can you please tell me where I can find it.

Allison said...

HI Elaine, I wish I could share it with you, but it is one that I just made up and haven't written it up. If I ever do, I'll definitely let you know.

RLB said...

This looks to be a Carpenters square quilt

Kelli Fortier said...

Hi. By any chance did you ever write up this pattern? (Fingers crossed)

Kelli

 photo tw_1.jpg  photo fb_1.jpg  photo ins_1.jpg  photo bl_1.jpg  photo tum_1.jpg  photo gplus_1.jpg  photo pin.jpg  photo yt.jpg