Friday, May 29, 2015

A Friday Finish -- Denim Rag Quilt



Just in time for tomorrows baseball game, I have a finished Denim Rag Quilt.

BabcoUnlimited.blogspot.com -- Denim Rag Quilt
Denim Rag Quilt

I used a total of 221 - 5" Squares. And I still have about a million more 5" denim squares plus all my other denim cut-ups. I'll be sewing denim forever.

I had never made a rag quilt before, and found it was rather fun to do. I didn't worry about accuracy or quilting. I just zoomed through it. If I make another one, I'll make sure to sew a 1/3" seam allowance instead of the standard 1/4" seam allowance. All the tutorials said to increase the seam allowance, but I raced through this and didn't even pause to think about changing the seam allowance. Oh well.

BabcoUnlimited.blogspot.com -- Denim Rag Quilt
Denim Rag Quilt

MK saw me taking pictures of this and immediately tried to snuggle into the quilt. She wrapped it around herself and said "Oh! This is so cozy!" I was having a hard time getting it away from her to take more pictures....but that's ok. I think she makes a pretty great model. 

BabcoUnlimited.blogspot.com -- Denim Rag Quilt
Denim Rag Quilt

So happy to have this completed. We'll be taking this to the baseball game tomorrow. Depending on the weather, we could be wrapping this around ourselves or we could be laying it on the grass to sit on.

Linked up with TIGFF here.
Linked up with Link-a-Finish Friday here.
Linked up with A Lovely Year of Finishes here.

No comments:

 photo tw_1.jpg  photo fb_1.jpg  photo ins_1.jpg  photo bl_1.jpg  photo tum_1.jpg  photo gplus_1.jpg  photo pin.jpg  photo yt.jpg