Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!

Last night we drove up to Salt Lake City to take the kids to Temple Square and see all the lights and nativities throughout the grounds. It was cold, so we had to bundle up. We had such a fun time walking throughout the grounds and looking at all the colored lights, cool nativities, reflection ponds, and tabernacle. Later, we stopped in the visitors center to warm up and watched Luke II.
C & S kept testing their "sliding" skills in all the snow. We had to keep S away from all the water--he kept trying to get up close and personal with the reflection pond and water fountains.

When we left for home, I asked the kids what their favorite part was.
C: The orange and red lights in the trees.
S: The movie and the Christus.
MK: Probably being pushed around in the stroller in cozy comfort.

1 comment:

Julia said...

Such a fun Christmas thing to do! Last year we went to "the roof" for my husband's birthday at Christmas time. It is so beautiful. Since living out of state, I hadn't been there in years! In fact the last time I had been there I was 9 months pregnant with my oldest (she's now 8), and I happened to run into Frere & Soeur Babin from St. Quentin at General Conference. Remember them?

 photo tw_1.jpg  photo fb_1.jpg  photo ins_1.jpg  photo bl_1.jpg  photo tum_1.jpg  photo gplus_1.jpg  photo pin.jpg  photo yt.jpg