Friday, August 8, 2008

Yet another Birthday!

Me and MK
MK
R and MK
Welcome little MK!

We have FINALLY completed the Babcock Birthday Week with the birth of our newest addition on August 5th. She came in at 7 lbs 8 oz and 19 inches long. She is definitely smaller than her brothers who were 8 lbs 4 oz and 8 lbs 6 oz. R and I look at her like she's SO tiny because the boys were never that small.

I was induced with this one, just like with S, to control the labor and make sure I made it to the hospital on time. I had a new doctor with this one who wanted to play it very safe and started me with a VERY low dose of pitocin....so low that after 3 hours, there was absolutely NO progress. I was getting frustrated because with S, he was born after only 2-3/4 hours! They finally started to up the dosage and once they did, the family genes kicked in and I progessed REAL fast. Phew. After 4 hours, I was telling R that I was done. I hear stories of 24+ hours of labor and don't know how they do it. As with the boys, just pushed through 3-4 contractions, and we had a little girl. I had to cringe when my nurse told me that usually, on average, most women have to push for 2 hours. Ouch. All in all, the labor was 6 hours, a lot longer than we anticipated and pretty long for my family. Poor R! We expected to be done by lunch time, so we didn't bring any snacks for him. He was starving!

MK had to be taken to the NICU because she couldn't breathe properly. She had a lot of fluid in her lungs. They were able to clear out her lungs and send her back to me. Thankfully, she only spent a couple hours there. She's doing great, and we're very glad to be home.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Congratulations!!! Can't believe that all 3 of your kids have birthdays w/in 1 week of each other! MK has the best one, if I do say so myself ... She's adorable. Glad you all are doing well.

Jilene said...

congrats. send me an email and tell me the details. I'm so excited for you! BTW, we are the ones who keep calling you on accident and texting you to apologize. I wasn't sure if you knew who it was! MK is beautiful. Can't wait to hear the full name!!! Love you!

Julia said...

Congrats on your little baby girl!! Can I stop by sometime to bring a baby gift for you?

You are amazing to have so many summer babies! I have just 1 in August & opted for Fall the 3rd time.

 photo tw_1.jpg  photo fb_1.jpg  photo ins_1.jpg  photo bl_1.jpg  photo tum_1.jpg  photo gplus_1.jpg  photo pin.jpg  photo yt.jpg