Wednesday, February 25, 2015

February Goals Finished

I think this is the first time I've finished my goals early in the month. Usually, I'm scrambling the last couple of days to get things all done. I think it had something to do with the fact that I was without a sewing machine for a large part of the month. It forced me to really focus--I was limited in what I could do, so I wasn't as easily distracted. 


GOAL #1: PREP ALL JEANS FOR SEWING

I had so many holey jeans they could no longer fit in my very large storage bin. So, the denim project was born. My goal was to turn all the jeans I had into fabric for other projects. I cut and cut until I had huge piles of 5" squares and 2-1/2" strips.

BabcoUnlimited.blogspot.com - Denim Quilt
Babco Unlimited - The Denim Project
I have left a small pile of denim fabric: jeans I've cut away all the seams and holes, but haven't cut into any predetermined size. I did this because there are other things I want to make with my jeans that require other sizes cut from the jeans--I just haven't committed to the project yet.

BabcoUnlimited.blogspot.com - Denim Quilt
Babco Unlimited - The Denim Project
Besides, I have a bajillion 5" squares. It was starting to get boring. 


GOAL #2: PREP OLD ITALIAN PAPER FOUNDATION PIECES

I was able to fold and prep about 45 pieces of vellum paper for my Old Italian Project. It is a bit time consuming to make sure each fold is perfect (or pretty close to perfect), but it is worth it in the end.

BabcoUnlimited.blogspot.com - Old Italian Quilt Vellum Paper


I put on a show and sat at my mom's light box and folded and folded and folded. By the time my movie was over, I had all my printed vellum paper folded and ready for the next stage.

I will be doing this again and again as I need about 194 blocks for my Queen sized quilt. So far I've only sewn 57 blocks. So, I have a ways to go on this. I think I know what will be part of my goals for next month.


I love being part of A Lovely Year of Finishes. It is so helpful to me to make small goals, be held accountable for them, and mark my successes and failures.

Liked up with A Lovely Year of Finishes here.

No comments:

 photo tw_1.jpg  photo fb_1.jpg  photo ins_1.jpg  photo bl_1.jpg  photo tum_1.jpg  photo gplus_1.jpg  photo pin.jpg  photo yt.jpg