Tuesday, February 24, 2015

The Casualties of Denim

It's fun to recycle (or upcycle) your denim. But denim does have a habit of leaving casualties in its wake. My sewing room has looked like a denim slaughter house for the past several weeks.

The first casualty is the pile of scraps from all the jeans I cut up. I'm left with a pile of seams, waistbands, zippers, and pockets. 
BabcoUnlimited.blogspot.com - The Denim Quilt Project Leftovers



I think the true casualty of working with denim is the damage it does to your rotary blade. I'm already on my second blade and will be changing again soon. It's getting dull and not cutting as well.

Not only that, but I broke my seam ripper while working on this project. I took off the back pockets so I could use all that denim below it....and possibly do something with pockets later, not quite sure yet. I was overly aggressive on one pocket and snapped my seam ripper. Oops. 


It's ok. I ran to JoAnn's with my coupon and purchased a new one. Crisis averted!

No comments:

 photo tw_1.jpg  photo fb_1.jpg  photo ins_1.jpg  photo bl_1.jpg  photo tum_1.jpg  photo gplus_1.jpg  photo pin.jpg  photo yt.jpg