Wednesday, October 16, 2013

WIP Wednesday #22 - Updating MY WIP Pile

I need to update my WIP page because I've now got 3 new projects started. Two of these projects I started at the Utah Quilt Festival last week. (SO MUCH FUN!)

BabcoUnlimited.blogspot.com - Old Italian Quilt, Blue & White Quilt, 2 color Quilts
Old Italian Quilt Block
I took this class from National Teacher Anita Grossman Soloman. She has several books out about simplifying quilting. I bought two of her books Rotary Cutting Revolution (This quilt is on the cover) and Make It Simpler Paper Piecing which she used as basis for the class. Excellent books and AMAZING technique to simplify paper piecing. I didn't quite get it when reading it on my own, so I was glad to have her there demonstrating it. She also has great links on her website for video clips demonstrating her technique. 

One thing I LOVE about this pattern is that it keeps the directional fabric whole. Check out the stripes in these blocks. They continue as if the dark fabric was appliquéd onto it. 
BabcoUnlimited.blogspot.com - Old Italian Quilt, Blue & White Quilt, 2 color Quilts
Old Italian Quilt Blocks

I plan to make this into a queen size quilt for my bed. 


BabcoUnlimited.blogspot.com - Pinwheel Quilt
Pinwheel Quilt Blocks
This is from a class I took from a local teacher. I won't be surprised if she soon becomes a National Teacher. This class was to learn the techniques of several types of pinwheels. We were supposed to do six, but only had time to do four. (We started late due to a RUDE quilter. She was on the waiting list, but showed up and set up. It took us a while to figure out who was supposed to be there and who wasn't taking up precious class time. Grrr!) I have the pattern for the other two and plan to make them. I figure I can make a sampler quilt of pinwheels. My favorite so far is the bottom right corner one.



I've chatted with Eshter through linky parties. One day, she showed off this amazing pattern she created. I loved it. I commented I would love to be a tester when she was ready, and she remembered me. She's sent me the pattern and her deadline. I've picked out fabric.


Due to being gone last week at Utah Quilt Fest, I haven't gotten very far. I did spend one evening reading through the pattern, printing out the pattern, and cutting up all the parts.


The pattern is amazing. She has LOTS of colored pictures of options, clear instructions, and more. I'm really excited to try this pattern out. 


Now I need to get sewing! LOTS to sew.
Linked up at WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced here.


4 comments:

Allison said...

Really nice. Love the Italian Quilt. I have always wanted to make a quilt with indigos. Honey Honey looks very ambitious. Can't wait to see it when it's done.

Allison said...

Wow, The Italian pattern is really amazing! I love it when someting simple creates something complex!
Your fabrc pick for Honey Honey is wonderful. Can't wait to see what it turns into!
Hugs
Esther

Allison said...

Hi Esther.


I'm in love with the Old Italian, too. It really is such a simple block, but will hopefully be amazing when put together with a lot of them.


I'm moving along with the Honey Honey. It is such a fun pattern. Your creativity in creating this pattern amazes me.

Allison said...

Thank you so much. I really like the Old Italian Quilt Block, too. I just got more fabric yesterday (Thank you Hancocks of Paducah!) I've made a lot of progress with my Honey Honey quilt and will post pictures next week. I really is simple, but looks so complicated.


Thanks for stopping by

 photo tw_1.jpg  photo fb_1.jpg  photo ins_1.jpg  photo bl_1.jpg  photo tum_1.jpg  photo gplus_1.jpg  photo pin.jpg  photo yt.jpg