Wednesday, January 22, 2014

WIP Wednesday #29 - Butterflies

I'm still gung ho about about my guild's UFO Challenge
I need need things like this to keep me focused and on task.

One of my goals is to complete my Butterfly quilt.
BabcoUnlimited.blogspot.com - Butterfly Quilt Block
Red Butterfly Quilt Block
 I want to finish it in time for the Quilt Show at the Springville Museum of Art in July. I had only 2 blocks completed, so I have a lot of work ahead of me. 

But look what I've been doing!
BabcoUnlimited.blogspot.com - Butterfly Quilt Block
Oh, I just love them! I really, really do. I know I should be all modest and all, but I just love showing them off.  Each time I finish a block, I have to interrupt my husband to show it to him. And now I'm showing them off to you all. 

I really have to take my time on each block: I can't just whip them together. These blocks require y-seams, which I had never done before this project. Even still, I am having fun.

MK is keeping a close eye on this project as she knows this is for her.
She has asked for more pink butterflies. I'll see what I can do.
BabcoUnlimited.blogspot.com - Butterfly Quilt Block
MK and the Butterfly Quilt Blocks

Linked up to Sew Fresh Quilts here.
Linked up to Freshly Pieced here.


Post a Comment
 photo tw_1.jpg  photo fb_1.jpg  photo ins_1.jpg  photo bl_1.jpg  photo tum_1.jpg  photo gplus_1.jpg  photo pin.jpg  photo yt.jpg