Wednesday, January 29, 2014

WIP Wednesday #30 - LEGO Captain America

Isn't this awesome?
BabcoUnlimited.blogspot.com - LEGO Captain America Quilt Block
Lego Captain America Quilt Block

Kristy over at Quiet Play was asking for testers of her new LEGO Marvel Superheros patterns, and I quickly raised my hand. Pick me! Pick me! She sent me her pattern for Captain America, and I got right to work.  Her pattern was so easy to follow. This looks like it would be difficult, but it was really super easy. 

Once I finished this, C told me I should think about doing Iron Man next. So, I showed him Kristy's patterns for other Marvel Superheros here. His exact words were, "You have to make these." And "Can I have it?"   

She has a huge selection of LEGO Star Wars characters available in her Craftsy store. I made the mistake of showing those to hubby. He has strongly hinted he would really love a quilt like that. 

Now, I need to test my skills at embellishing this with eyes and a mouth. Yikes! 
Wish me luck because I have no idea what I'm doing.

Linked up with Freshly Pieced here.
Linked up with Quiet Play here.

6 comments:

Allison said...

Very cute! Glad your little one loves it!

Allison said...

Hi Kristy - Thanks for the explanation of how you do the faces. I think I like the option of fabric marker as well--it seems more "right" for a LEGO character. I'm not good at embroidery or appliqué either.


And my boys want to know if you plan on doing a pattern for the Archer and for Black Widow? =)

Allison said...

Hi Leah - Thanks for stopping by. It's so fun when my family loves my craft. They've been pointing it out to everyone who has stopped by this week.

Allison said...

No plans just yet! Maybe later down the track though. Never say never :P

Allison said...

This turned out great!

Allison said...

Thanks so much! I'm really happy with it, too.

 photo tw_1.jpg  photo fb_1.jpg  photo ins_1.jpg  photo bl_1.jpg  photo tum_1.jpg  photo gplus_1.jpg  photo pin.jpg  photo yt.jpg