Monday, January 13, 2014

UFO Challenge Accepted

Yes, I realize that most people do their New Year's Resolutions on January 1st. And--Yes, I realize we are a week and half into the new year. But it's never too late to make goals, right?

New Year's Resolution Humor - Be more awesome than last year!
In guild meeting on Saturday, we were issued a UFO Challenge. 

Rules:  1. List four projects we wanted to complete this year. 
2. Projects must be something we already have.
3. We are allowed one swap-out.
4. We must complete three out of the four listed.
5. We have three completion dates: May, Aug, Nov.
6. Finished is subjective: it could mean finished all the blocks, finished the top, or quilted and bound.

I'm signed up, and it is ON!

My UFO Challenge projects:

  • FRACTURED FLOWERS

BabcoUnlimited.blogspot.com - Fractured Flowers Quilt
Fractured Flower Quilt

This is just crazy--I'm so close, but I'm so angry at this quilt. 

  • WHEEL OF FORTUNE
BabcoUnlimited.blogspot.com - Wheel of Fortune Quilt
Wheel of Fortune Quilt
I'm having so much fun with this project, it's hard to stop.
I like the simplicity of this project.
  • BUTTERFLIES
BabcoUnlimited.blogspot.com - Butterfly Quilt Block
Butterflies

I want to have this finished for the Quilt Show a the Springvill Museum of Art in July and Quilt Fest in Sept. I've already dusted this project off and started to work on it again. I kept putting it off because of the templates. I needed to reexamine the templates I had made to make sure they were accurate. And I had two blocks I had to unpick and redo. Blargh. Never fun.

But now that I have the template issue sorted out, I'm loving this project again. 

  • POCKET FULL OF PINWHEELS
BabcoUnlimited.blogspot.com - Pinwheel Quilt Blocks
Pinwheels

Another fun one that is so close to finish.
I'm having fun with all the different pinwheels.


So there you have it. I'm really excited about this challenge. There will be prizes and drawings for those who participate. But also, I'll get some finished projects. I need things like this to keep me focused and on target.

Do you have quilting goals this year?
What helps you keep your Quilty New Year's Resolutions?

Linked up to Stitch by Stitch here.

2 comments:

Allison said...

Gorgeous start! I love all of them, but the butterfly is too cute! Goals...I want to do more FMQ, paper piecing and in general...make some awesome killer quilts!

Allison said...

Hi Jayne - Thanks so much. I am so glad I found these butterflies. They are so much fun. I like your goals, particularly about making some "awesome killer quilts." I wish you the best on your goals! =)

 photo tw_1.jpg  photo fb_1.jpg  photo ins_1.jpg  photo bl_1.jpg  photo tum_1.jpg  photo gplus_1.jpg  photo pin.jpg  photo yt.jpg