Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Work in Progress #1

I've got MANY works in progress right now. I have the bad habit of seeing a pattern or fabric I LOVE and buy it without regard to my ever growing pile of Work in Progress (WIP).

I signed up for a project class at this years Quilt Fest for a 2 fabric quilt. I needed 4-1/2 yards of one main fabric for this quilt. I found this beautiful grey fabric, but was so worried I wouldn't have enough as it looked very low on the bolt. I took it to the table to ask how much was on the bolt before I fell in love with it too much...but I already had my heart set on it. It measured 4-1/8 yards! I was just short! I screamed NO! (in my head.) She did suggest I see if they had any fat quarters, which they had 2, and that if I was very careful with cutting it might be enough. I did it. I bought it ALL.

BabcoUnlimited.blogspot.com - Fractured Flower Quilt, Fabric Choices
Fractured Flower Fabric Choice

I was SO incredibly careful with cutting...and I had the 2 fat quarters left over and one 2-1/2 inch strip left over from the main cutting! Thankfully, most patterns tell you to purchase more fabric than actually needed. I was SO happy.

But look how cool this looks! I'm finally at a point where it's coming together and I had to take a picture.

BabcoUnlimited.blogspot.com - Fractured Flower Quilt
Fractured Flower Quilt in Progress


The pattern is called "Fractured Flowers." Can you see the flower in it? Pretty cool, huh?

1 comment:

The DM Dad said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
 photo tw_1.jpg  photo fb_1.jpg  photo ins_1.jpg  photo bl_1.jpg  photo tum_1.jpg  photo gplus_1.jpg  photo pin.jpg  photo yt.jpg