Monday, September 21, 2015

First Place Finish

My "Painting the Roses Red" quilt won 1st place, Art Innovative at the Utah Quilt Fest Show last week. The Utah Quilt Guild covers all of Utah, parts of Nevada, and parts of Idaho. Plus, many quilters from other states come with family who are part of this state guild. 

BabcoUnlimited.blogspot.com - I looked out the Window Quilt, First Place Quilt
First Place Ribbon, Art Innovative, Utah Quilt Festival Quilt Show

I was so surprised when my name was announced as a winner, but so so happy.

My quilt came back from the AQS Show just in time for me to send it off to this show.  At the AQS Show, my quilt was part of a group showing. We made it to the semifinals, but didn't place. That is okay--I'm was just so excited my quilt was going to a national show.

Disclaimer: My quilt was competing in the beginner category as I had never won a blue ribbon before. From now on, I'll have to compete at the champion level. So, this might be my first and last blue ribbon. Gotta enjoy it while I can.


No comments:

 photo tw_1.jpg  photo fb_1.jpg  photo ins_1.jpg  photo bl_1.jpg  photo tum_1.jpg  photo gplus_1.jpg  photo pin.jpg  photo yt.jpg