Sunday, February 16, 2014

Field Trip to Museum of Art

Yesterday, we took a family field trip to the BYU Museum of Art

BabcoUnlimited.blogspot.com - BYU Museum of Art, Field Trip
S, MK, C in front of BYU Museum of Art

Currently, they have an exhibit entitled "Sacred Gifts: The Religious Art of Carl Bloch, Heinrich Hofmann, and Frans Schwartz."  BYU has managed to borrow several amazing paintings that have never been lent out before. 

One of the first paintings seen in the exhibit is this painting titled "Agony in the Garden" by Frans Schwartz. This one is MK's favorite. 
Agony in the Garden, Frans Schwartz

This one is titled "The Mocking of Christ" by Carl Bloch. I was stunned by this painting. It looked so much like a photograph. I kept returning to this painting while we were there. 
The Mocking of Christ, Carl Bloch

I have been spending so much time looking at quilts and fabric I sometimes forget about other artistic and creative things. After seeing these, I have no desire to pick up paints. However, I do have a desire to seek out other beautiful things and create my own beautiful things.

No comments:

 photo tw_1.jpg  photo fb_1.jpg  photo ins_1.jpg  photo bl_1.jpg  photo tum_1.jpg  photo gplus_1.jpg  photo pin.jpg  photo yt.jpg