Monday, November 19, 2012

MK and the Stairs

MK fought the stairs...and the stairs won.
BabcoUnlimited.blogspot.com - Family
MK

I'm not sure what the problem is, but MK has fallen down the stairs twice in the last month.

The first time, she was trying to turn on the light switch right at the top of the stairs, lost her balance, and fell about 4-5 steps before stopping. It was horrifying for me because I was right behind her and could see it happening but helpless to stop her. You know when your brain is telling you it's gonna happen but your body can't seem to react in time to stop it. Yeah--I don't have Spidy senses. 

The second time was just a few days ago. I was sitting in R's study with R when I heard a rumbling sound of something tumbling down the stairs and I KNEW it was MK. I jumped out of the recliner and can hear S yelling for us that MK just fell down the stairs. By the time I got to the top of the stairs she is at the very bottom crying. She managed to hit her head on a toy at the bottom of the stairs. Other than that, she was okay. No broken bones. Phew! She had a nice bonk on her forehead and  the bridge of her nose, though.

Now, she tells me every time she walks down stairs "I won't fall."
Let's hope not.

No comments:

 photo tw_1.jpg  photo fb_1.jpg  photo ins_1.jpg  photo bl_1.jpg  photo tum_1.jpg  photo gplus_1.jpg  photo pin.jpg  photo yt.jpg