Thursday, October 9, 2008

Same Day Surgery

S
The recovering patient. Don't you just love that smiling face? I don't think I was this happy when I came out of surgury for my arm when I was 13.....right mom?
S
S has had a clogged tear duct since he was about 3 months old. For a while, both tear ducts were clogged and he'd wake up with so much goo that his eyes were "gooed" shut. While one tear duct opened up, the one on his left eye never did. So, he's been dealing with a "gooey eye" for quite a while. Well today we finally got his "gooey eye" fixed.

We had to have him at the hospital at 6:30 am for check-in. His surgery was scheduled for 7:30 am, the first one of the day. R and I got up around 5:45 ish. R got dressed and ready while I put a sweater and shoes on a very sleepy boy. The hospital only allows 2 adults to attend a patient--no other children allowed--so R took him in since I've got a 2-month old baby attached to me. The irony of this wake up time is that MK was fast asleep and not likely to wake up to eat for quite a while--Oh well. One of these days I will get at least 5 hours of sleep at time. Anyways...

S did amazingly well. He's such a calm little boy, that they didn't have any trouble with him getting to take medication or when he was waking. R brought him home around 11 am. S is now goofing around and watching Scooby-Doo with his beloved blanket a a newstuffed animal the hospital gave him.

He's been asking for food like mac-n-cheese (his favorite), chicken nuggets, and nuts. He wasn't too happy when I told him he couldn't have that food just quite yet. I offered pudding, which at first he wasn't accepting. But once I had him help make it, he was excited. What a trooper.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

T had that problem, but his both did clear up. I bet S will be so happy that it's taken care of and won't clog up on a daily basis. Such a cute little guy!!!

Marie said...

Way to go S! What a big boy you have become. We're proud of you.

 photo tw_1.jpg  photo fb_1.jpg  photo ins_1.jpg  photo bl_1.jpg  photo tum_1.jpg  photo gplus_1.jpg  photo pin.jpg  photo yt.jpg