Friday, February 5, 2016

Lots & Lots of Flower Petal Pillows

So, this project quickly spiraled out of control.

BabcoUnlimited.blogspot.com - Flower Petal Pillows

A few days before I was to drive to my mother-in-law's house for Christmas, I had a stroke of genius! I was going to make her a flower petal pillow. I had posted on my personal Facebook account a picture of the pillow I made, and my MIL had jokingly made the comment of wanting one in peach.

So, 48 hours before travel day I am running around town trying to find peach felt. It can't be found! I panic and buy red felt and fabric to match. As a last ditch effort, I try a local hobby store. They have peach felt--but it's the cheap felt sheets. I buy some hoping that it won't look cheap. But now, the peach doesn't match the fabric I bought. So I head back to the fabric store to buy new matching fabric.


BabcoUnlimited.blogspot.com - Flower Petal Pillow in Peach
The Pillow that started it ALL

But now I have enough to make 2 pillow!

"No Problem!" I told myself. "I'll just use the extra to make one for my sister-in-law who will be at Christmas with us." But there was a problem, because there were going to be two of my SILs there. So, back to the store I went to buy even MORE fabric and felt.


Because this was all 48 hours before I had to leave, and I still needed to work and pack, I only finished the pillow for my MIL.

"No Problem!" I told myself once again. But then I realized if I was going to make pillows for 2 of my SILs, I needed to include the other two SILs.....and my husband's step-mother.


THIS TRULY SPIRALED OUT OF CONTROL!


One of the first ones I made. 


Quickly followed by this one:




It was at this point I realized I needed to go make more, so then made this one:


 And this one:


And this one:

But I liked this one so much, and it matched my living rooms so well I wanted to keep it. That meant I had to go back to the store, buy more fabrics, and make just one more.


Right now, my SILs are duking it out on Facebook about who gets which pillow. I am surprised on which ones are going first.







Post a Comment
 photo tw_1.jpg  photo fb_1.jpg  photo ins_1.jpg  photo bl_1.jpg  photo tum_1.jpg  photo gplus_1.jpg  photo pin.jpg  photo yt.jpg