Monday, April 21, 2014

Hope of America

Wednesday night, we spent at the 'Hope of America" program put on by 5th graders from all over the valley. The kids have spent this school year learning patriotic songs and hand moves to go along with it. Then, the parents were treated to an amazing performance. The program was filmed and will be broadcasted on the 4th of July.

The kids wore shirts to make up the American Flag. C was a yellow shirt in the border.
BabcoUnlimited.blogspot.com - Hope of America

 The patriotic theme got me thinking of my red, white, and blue quilts. 

This is my very first quilt--Stars of Glory--I made it for C.
BabcoUnlimited.blogspot.com - Stars of Glory Quilt, Red White & Blue Quilt, Patriotic Quilt
Stars of Glory Quilt

This is my second quilt--Barbed Stars--I made for S.
BabcoUnlimited.blogspot.com - Barbed Stars Quilt, Red White & Blue Quilt, Patriotic Quilt
Barbed Stars Quilt

Hidden Stars--I made for my hubby.
BabcoUnlimited.blogspot.com - Hidden Stars Quilt, Red White & Blue Quilt, Patriotic Quilt
Hidden Stars Quilt

I have been wanting to make a true patriotic quilt for a while--a flag type quilt. A while ago, I had a spectacular idea. Well, it was spectacular to me. =) 

I have been cutting off 2-1/2" strips off my red, white, and blue fabric forever now. I have quite a pile. It was so fun to look through them today, it was like looking at old friends. 
BabcoUnlimited.blogspot.com -  Red White & Blue Quilt, Patriotic Quilt
Red, White & Blue Quilt

I have to restrain myself from starting this new project straight away. I REALLY need to finish up my Wheel of Fortune quilt and quilt my Honey Honey quilt before I work on anything else. 

Linked up with Anything Goes Mondays here.

No comments:

 photo tw_1.jpg  photo fb_1.jpg  photo ins_1.jpg  photo bl_1.jpg  photo tum_1.jpg  photo gplus_1.jpg  photo pin.jpg  photo yt.jpg