Monday, March 17, 2014

State Chess Tournament - A New Quilt Project

My kids are into chess.  Recently, S asked me to make him a chess quilt. After doing some online searching, I found this pattern on craftsy here
I already know how I'm going to arrange the pieces. And I've already got ideas on how to quilt it. 

Now, I need to figure out colors. I want to use something from my stash, but I don't think I have anything that will really work. And if I do, I might not have enough. I told S I can't (i.e. won't) start this project until I finish piecing my Wheel of Fortune quilt and quilting my Honey Honey quilt. 

I finally committed to this because I spent another day at a chess tournament this past weekend. Saturday was the Utah State Elementary Chess Tournament. It was a VERY long day, but since they had fun it was well worth it.

C before his first game
BabcoUnlimited.blogspot.com - Chess Tournament

S before his first game
BabcoUnlimited.blogspot.com - Chess Tournament
 
C received a medal of participation.
BabcoUnlimited.blogspot.com - Chess Tournament
 

S received an Outstanding Trophy. He placed somewhere between 20-25th place.
He was very excited as this is the first trophy he's won at the State level. 
BabcoUnlimited.blogspot.com - Chess Tournament
 
(Yes, I made them wear bright colors so I could always find them)

Now I'm on the look out for the perfect fabric for this project. I might just do simple solid colors, but I still haven't decided yet. 




No comments:

 photo tw_1.jpg  photo fb_1.jpg  photo ins_1.jpg  photo bl_1.jpg  photo tum_1.jpg  photo gplus_1.jpg  photo pin.jpg  photo yt.jpg