Wednesday, August 7, 2013

WIP Wednesday #14 - My Little Pink Dress

Today, I'm showing off the beading I've done for my dress mini-quilt.
BabcoUnlimited.blogspot.com - My Little Pink Dress Quilt
Little Pink Dress Quilt
I'm happy with how it turned out. I auditioned several colors of beads before I settled on this pale pink. Now, I'm ready to quilt it. I'm going to keep it simple and do a meandering loopy stitch. Keeping fingers crossed I don't "ruin" it with my quilting.

The more I play around with free-motion quilting, the more I'm convinced I need to invest in a new sewing machine. I'm using my mom's old Elna sewing machine she bought in the early 80's. I still have the written sales receipt with the owners manual: it is dated December 29, 1982. It's a good machine, great for piecing. But anything more, and it doesn't quite do what I want. We'll see.






No comments:

 photo tw_1.jpg  photo fb_1.jpg  photo ins_1.jpg  photo bl_1.jpg  photo tum_1.jpg  photo gplus_1.jpg  photo pin.jpg  photo yt.jpg