Friday, May 17, 2013

HMQS

On Saturday, May 11th MK and I went to the HMQS (Home Machine Quilt Show) with my mom, aunt, cousin, cousin-in-law, and cousin-in-law's mom. It was a lot of fun. Lots of amazing quilts. Lots of great vendors.  And a great Girls' Day Out. 

My cousin, Marilee, let MK be the official photographer.  She took her duties VERY seriously and took LOTS of pictures. She'd say "I need to get a close-up." Then, she'd start to back AWAY from the quilt. I got this picture of MK, Aunt Mary, and Grandma looking at quilts.
BabcoUnlimited.blogspot.com - Family
HMQS
After we looked through the quilt show, we needed to take a break for a bit. My mom needed to sit with the Utah Quilt Guild's Opportunity Quilt for a couple of hours, so we all sat at the table with her. The Quilt Guild made a beautiful quilt that is being "raffled" off. Because Utah doesn't allow raffles, we have to make it an "opportunity" instead. So, you buy a piece of candy and get an "opportunity ticket" you fill out and you might win the quilt. Sounds silly, but there you go. It raises money. 

So, MK became the official candy counter. She counted out the candies people bought. 
BabcoUnlimited.blogspot.com - Family
MK

(her pose here just makes me laugh) 
BabcoUnlimited.blogspot.com - Family
MK
We had such a great time. MK loves coming to these things with me, it's fun to share it with her.



No comments:

 photo tw_1.jpg  photo fb_1.jpg  photo ins_1.jpg  photo bl_1.jpg  photo tum_1.jpg  photo gplus_1.jpg  photo pin.jpg  photo yt.jpg