Thursday, February 4, 2010

A laundry list of Allergies

So, back in December we received lots of treats and cookies from neighbors and friends. S ate a cookie with a BIG chocolate kiss on it not realizing it was a peanut butter cookie. I didn't think any of it either, even though he's never been a big fan of PBJ. Soon after he ate it, he started to wheeze while breathing. He also had red, puffy skin on his nose and under his eyes. Yikes.

I took him into the doctor to have him tested for peanut allergies. That was an experience. He fought so hard, I was worn out. It took me plus 3 nurses and the phlebotomist holding to get his blood drawn.

We just got the results back. Yes--S is allergic to peanuts just like MK. Joy. It doesn't stop there. They think that he is also allergic to cow milk, wheat, corn, soy beans, shell fish, and egg. WHAT? He eats ALL those things and has never seemed to have any problem. Our doctor is sending us to an allergist. Not looking forward to that.

5 comments:

Jilene said...

awww man. I'm sure there will be a solution. I feel lucky my kids don't have allergies...knocl on wood!

Mindy said...

I went to the allergist last year. Here's the link to the painful event: http://mindyjennings.blogspot.com/2009/08/preparation-means-nothing.html

My top piece of advice- do not take your other kids. No matter what.

Allison said...

Yeah, R and I are already planning on it him taking S and no other children.

Oh, Mindy! What a great time you had at the allergist.

Stephanie said...

Ali! What!?!? Good luck with the appointment AND the results ...

Unknown said...

Oh no!!! Poor Seanie and mom and dad!!!

 photo tw_1.jpg  photo fb_1.jpg  photo ins_1.jpg  photo bl_1.jpg  photo tum_1.jpg  photo gplus_1.jpg  photo pin.jpg  photo yt.jpg