Monday, May 12, 2014

HMQS

Congratulations to my mom who won an Honorary Mention in Machine Embroidery category at HMQS.

MK and Mom in front of her quilt hanging at the HMQS show.
Mom's Quilt at HMQS
(notice MK's gloves. She loved looking at the backs of all the quilts.)

MK and I met up with my mom for a quilt-fun-filled day. We browsed all the vendors and looked at all the amazing quilts.  I got home and realized I didn't take as many pictures as I thought I had. We were a bit pressed for time--I couldn't get there early in the day, so I only had about 2-1/2 hours to take it all in. Not enough time!

I do want to share a few of my favorites (besides my mom's of course.)

I love the color on this quilt! 
HMQS

This tribute to Monty Python made me laugh.
While admiring it, I heard a woman behind me say "I'm not dead yet." 
I responded with "It's just a flesh wound."  We both started cracking up.
HMQS

This is a stunning art quilt by Sue Gilgen
HMQS

MK  hamming it up.
BabcoUnlimited.blogspot.com
MK at HMQS

Even though it was a short visit this year, I had a great time. I loved to see all the quilts. I'm always amazed at how far these quilts travel. There were quilts from all over the United States as well as Canada and Europe! 

Linked up with Anything Goes Monday here.


No comments:

 photo tw_1.jpg  photo fb_1.jpg  photo ins_1.jpg  photo bl_1.jpg  photo tum_1.jpg  photo gplus_1.jpg  photo pin.jpg  photo yt.jpg