Sunday, November 22, 2009

No Peanuts Please

A couple of weeks ago, I sent MK & S to daycare while I had to work. When I picked them up, my friend who watches them was a bit nervous about MK--MK's eyes were getting puffy. She said that it started shortly after lunch and thought it was just "tired eyes." She put MK down for a nap, but noticed that her eyes got worse and worse during the nap. When I picked her up, they were pretty bad. It kinda reminded me of when my little brother would get stung by a bee....okay, maybe not that bad. Apparently, the kids had PB&J for lunch. MK didn't eat the sandwich, but just picked at the bread. (She gets that bread obsession from me.) She'd eaten PB before, eating big bites from R's sandwiches. I took her home and gave her benadryl, which helped. It wasn't until about 36 hours later that all the swelling was gone.

I took her into the doctor for her 15 month check up (I still can't believe she's that old!) and had her tested for peanut allergy. I was so impressed with the ladies who took MK's blood--MK never bruised and they were SO fast. Anyways--we got back the results this past week: MK is highly allergic to peanuts.

Now, we are reading up on peanut allergies. This should be interesting
Post a Comment
 photo tw_1.jpg  photo fb_1.jpg  photo ins_1.jpg  photo bl_1.jpg  photo tum_1.jpg  photo gplus_1.jpg  photo pin.jpg  photo yt.jpg