MK has had a very big week.
1. She's finally gotten teeth. Okay, this one has been a couple weeks in the making, but still needed to be noted.
2. She's finally in a crib. Can you believe she's spent almost an entire year sleeping in her pack-n-play? Or her swing? We finally moved the boys out of her room and into their own room on real beds even. So, we could put up her crib. She has done great with the transition to her crib and sleeps better than before. Love it!
3. She's learned to go down the stairs. Nice. With the boys moving downstairs we couldn't keep the gate up all the time. I worked with MK a few times on the stairs showing her how to go down...which basically was me pulling her legs out from under her to put on the stair below her and making sure she was on her belly. But it worked! Now, she crawls over to the stairs (which still makes me nervous) and turned so her feet were first and down she goes. It sure is a cute little shimmy-shimmy she does.
4. She's watched her first fireworks show and LOVED it. She slept through the 4th of July fireworks. Last night was the 24th of July, which is HUGE here in Utah. A neighbor has a block party every year that is Bring-Your-Own-Fireworks. MK loved all the fireworks and kept clapping after each one.
5. She's taken her first steps! Wahoo! She's been standing for a while and just recently started to do the "furniture walk." Then out of the blue a couple days ago, she started walking. She's now up to about 5 steps before she goes down and just crawls the rest of the way. I finally washed our push-walking toy for her today. She now cruises around the house, giggling the entire time.